Keeping the kids entertained can be costly these days especially when compared to when we grew up. Back in the day we didn’t have hand held technology like iPads and mobile phones. Th ere was no such thing as a “YouTube zombie” or Snapchat.
To say that things have changed is an understatement/ However even with so much technology children seem to get bored a lot easier and part of the reason is that they always think they need to be doing something.
For stay at home moms it can be a challenge to keep kids entertained, especially during school holidays. Here are a few ideas to keeping the kids entertained without breaking the bank
- Have a dance party – Get some friends and relatives around and have your own disco with the kids choosing the music. Most young people these days have an abundance of playlists on their Ipods so put it use and let them have a good time with their friends.
- Make a tent in the garden – If you have a real tent then great, get it setup in the garden. If not make your own with a few dining chairs and cover with some blankets. It can become their outdoor adventure hut where stories can be told or even to just hang out with their friends.
- Slide on the stairs – make your own stair slide with whatever you have in the home. It could be an old mattress, some old boxes in the garage along with a few blankets. It can an activity the whole family can get involved in and enjoy
- Have a foam party – If you have a pressure washer for your patio you can rig up a plastic bottle filled with washing liquid to create your very own foam party. The pressure from the water combined with the washing liquid creates enough foam to keep everyone entertained.
- Hopscotch – This a great game for all ages and it is easy to make your own board. Get some chalk and sketch out your board in the garden. As long as the rain stays away you can have endless fun while tiring the children with some enjoyable exercise.