Image by macrovector on Freepik
Non-stick frying pans are a wonderful invention. They make cooking meals easier and more enjoyable than ever before, but it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. In this blog post, we will go over what you need to know in order to buy an excellent non-stick frying pan that will last you years and won’t require constant maintenance.
The Benefits of Non-Stick Frying Pans
- One of the reasons why you should use a non-stick pan is because food won’t stick to it.
This makes cooking simple and easy.
- If taken care of properly, your non-stick pans will last a long time. In fact, it’s possible to
pass the same pan down from generation to generation. Additionally, they make awesome
- Clean-up is quick and easy.
- Non-stick pans are very versatile. You can cook a wide variety of different meals in them,
from chicken to pancakes.
The Disadvantages of Non-Stick Pans
These non-stick pans are great as is, but there also are some disadvantages that you need to be aware of before purchasing one:
- Food can become stuck to the pan if it is heated for too long.
- Nonstick coatings are not as durable and might start chipping off after a few years of use.
Non-Stick Frying Pan Buying Guide
Tip #1: Deciding on the Material
There are several different materials used in non-stick pans. Each one has its own benefits
and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the right material for your needs:
- Aluminum: This is a very popular choice because aluminum conducts heat well while being
lightweight. It also doesn’t corrode or rust easily. The main drawback of aluminum pans is
that they often have non-stick coatings that can be scratched and peeled off over time.
- Copper: It conducts heat extremely well, but it is very expensive and heavy. If you’re
looking for a top-of-the-line nonstick pan that will last forever without any issues, copper
would be an excellent choice. However, most people don’t want to spend hundreds of
dollars on a frying pan.
- Stainless steel: While this may seem like a strange choice, stainless steel is actually an
excellent material for non-stick pans. It conducts heat well and it won’t scratch or peel off
Tip #2: If you want a pan that will last, make sure it’s of good quality.
Tip #3: If you have an induction stovetop, make sure the cooking surface is compatible with
Tip #4: Non-stick pans that are oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit may be used for baking
at high temperatures if this is essential to you.
Tip #5: Make sure you read reviews to see what other people have experienced with a
Tip #6: If you must clean your pans easily in the sink or on the go, invest in dishwasher-safe
Tip #7: If possible, purchase pans with stay-cool handles so they don’t get extremely hot
while cooking. Some non-stick frying pans come with silicone handles that are comfortable
Tip #8: If you’re cooking something high in fat, make sure the non-stick coating is PFOA-free
so it won’t emit dangerous chemicals into your food while being heated up.
Tip #9: Before you use your pan, make sure you know what metal it’s composed of so you
reduce the risk of damaging it.
Tip #10: Non-stick pans with non-scratch surfaces are the best choice if you have children in
Tip #11: If possible, choose a pan that has been pre-seasoned so it will be ready to use right
Tip #12: Make sure there is a warranty on your frying pan just in case something goes
Suggestions for Prepping and Seasoning Your Non-Stick Pan Before Use
- Wash and dry your pan thoroughly
- Use a paper towel to rub some oil into the cooking surface (make sure you don’t use too
much or it will make food stick!)
- Cook something fatty like bacon in the pan for ten minutes over medium heat. The fat will
be absorbed by the metal during this process, which lets you start cooking in a brand-new
pan without worrying about food sticking.
Choosing a non-stick frying pan is really all about knowing what your needs are and going
from there. Hopefully, this guide has given you some helpful advice in choosing the best one
for your unique cooking preferences!