The time is near, and the excitement is building. Soon you’ll be bringing home new members of the family, and you’ll want everything to be just right before that day comes. Keep these tips in mind when you are preparing to bring home the new babies.
- Sanitize everything. Having a clean home when you return from the hospital will help everyone have a healthy start. Since you will probably be exhausted from the delivery and a sleepless night or two, hire a cleaning company, like readymaid.com.au . Let them do the “dirty work” so you have more time to concentrate on more important things.
- Prepare and freeze meals ahead of time. This will save you tons of time and energy. Your time will be focused on the baby, so you’ll want to maximize your time effectively. Freezer meals are a great way to help you do that. There are many great recipes for freezer meals on the internet.
- Enlist the help of others before baby arrives. If you can get the help of others, have them help with laundry, shopping, cooking and watching the babies while you nap. You’ll definitely need the rest, so don’t be timid about asking for help now, and take it for as long as you can or need once the twins are home.
- Stock up on your essential needs. You don’t want to run out of something you need in the middle of the night. Be sure you have plenty of diapers, wipes, wipe warmer, toilet paper, paper towels, baby medication, nursing pads, sanitary pads, and anything you know you’ll need on hand that’s ready for when it’s needed.
- Have the nursery ready. Prepare the cribs or bassinets to be ready with clean sheets and bumpers. Have the changing table stocked with diapers, wipes, lotion, etc. right at your fingertips. Check to be sure the baby monitor is working properly. Purchase extra batteries for the monitor if it uses them. Have all the bathing necessities ready as well.
- Color code things. If you know you’ll be having same sex twins, prepare bottles, pacifiers, and clothing by color coding them so you’ll know which belongs to which twin.
- Decide what things you’ll need two of or consider items made for twins. You’ll need two cribs or bassinets, a double stroller, and car seats. You might want to try products made specifically for twins like a twin breastfeeding pillow, Boppy Pillows, and diaper disposals. Also determine what you don’t need two things of like swings, tubs, etc. Make a list of things you don’t have yet that you’ll need before returning from the hospital and shop for those as soon as you can.
Having these preparations done ahead of time will help you tremendously once you return with the little ones. You literally will have your hands full, so take advantage of the time you have now to plan and prepare. Then rest assured that everything is ready for that wonderful arrival day.